Per Diem Medical Assistant
We have new per diem rates!!
To function as a member of a team and complete all clinical daily tasks to ensure smooth day-to-day operations in a busy medical office practice.
- Take vitals when necessary
- Prepare the daily schedules for the office, pull and prepare the patient charts, ensure that the proper chart has been selected, and the appropriate paperwork has been attached to the chart (i.e., encounter form, etc.)
- Room placement
- Record patient history, chief complaint, pharmacy info, prescription list, etc. into EMR for physical
- Supply ordering
- Stocking of rooms
- Ordering tests, obtaining prior authorizations
- Requesting and obtaining referrals for patient visits and surgery
- Additional duties as assigned
- Graduate of a Certified Medical Assistant program required
- 1 to 3 years of experience as a Medical Assistant preferred; however, new graduates welcome
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience with electronic medical record (EMR) strongly preferred (Athena/ECW a plus)
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Outlook required
- Some travel may be required within the market
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
About Steward Health Care System:
Steward Health Care’s physician-led model was created to provide patient’s access to the highest-quality care at a sustainable cost, providing personalized, and coordinated ongoing medical services that positively impact patients’ physical, emotional, and mental well-being.
Founded in 2010, Steward Health Care is the nation’s largest accountable care organization (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through its network of hospitals, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, and behavioral health services. Steward received a perfect 100% quality rating by the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Service’s (CMS) Medicare Shared Savings Program (MSSP) in 2020.
Based in Dallas, Steward is the largest private, physician-led health care network and currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.