PCON Support Representative
Under the direct supervision of the Manager, Revenue Management, the PCON Support Rep researches and resolves assigned contractual patient account issues.
• Perform validation of reason codes for technical overpayments as documented on the account or correspondence. (Overpayments/Underpayments based on clinical reasons will be handled by Clinical Appeals)
• Resolve account discrepancies
• Monitor third party payer trends via assigned reports
• Escalate contract issues to the Manager
• Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement"
• Other duties as assigned
• Supportive of the compliance program set forth by Steward Health Care System LLC as demonstrated by:
o Upholding the Code of Conduct and Corporate Compliance.
o Adhering to and helps to enforce all compliance policies relevant to his/her area.
o Assuring timely compliance education as requested by the Regional Compliance and Safety Officer and/or through corporate initiatives.
• Sets an example to all staff in daily activities.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Communication - communicates clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing
• Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
• Interpersonal skills - able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties
• Policies & Procedures - demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
• Basic skills - able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately
• HS Diploma or GED required.
Experience (Type & Length):
• At least one year of related experience.
• Relevant education may substitute experience requirement.
• PC skills - demonstrates proficiency in PC applications as required.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 12995