Patient Support Specialist - Call Center
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country's largest physician-led, minority-owned, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 33 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Texas.
To function as a member of the administrative team and complete all daily tasks to ensure smooth day to day operations for assigned practice(s).
• Answers, triages, and routes telephone calls appropriately; Provides routine information to callers.
• Schedules patients' appointments and appropriate testing for patients as directed. Facilitates admissions to hospital as needed.
• Verifies information from patients including demographic and health insurance information when registering
• Call quality assurance, answering calls within 3 rings, abandon rate under 3%, ready for calls and logged in to phones for a minimum of 7 hours per shift.
• Prepares documents for billing physician encounters; enters data, ensures that referrals are received, etc.
• Appropriate routing of patient concerns to clinical teams, reaching out via phone for urgent tasks.
• Call performance standards as defined by department guides.
• Performs other duties as requested
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Experience with electronic medical record strongly preferred (Athena a plus)
• Experience with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Outlook
• Call center / phone skills experience preferred
• Education from approved medical administrative program or equivalent preferred
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• 1 to 3 years of experience as a Medical Secretary and or call center experience in a health care setting preferred.
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.