Patient Service Specialist I
Location: Steward Medical Group - North
Posted Date: 3/21/2023
- â‹This position is to function as a member of the administration team and complete assigned daily front end tasks to ensure smooth day to day operations in the SMG physician practice. The Patient Service Specialist must maintain a professional, positive manner when talking with patients in-person, over the phone, or via email. â‹
- â‹Answers calls and routes telephone calls appropriately; takes messages, follows through with each message, ensuring that the appropriate physician/staff member receives the information. Provides routine information to callers and gives only authorized medical advice from a provider.
- â‹Provides a high level of customer service to all new and existing patients of the practice.
- â‹Creates patient cases and documents telephone calls and messages into Athena or other EMR.
- â‹Schedules patient appointments and appropriate testing for patients as requested.
- â‹Registers patients in EMR and verifies information including demographics and obtains accurate health insurance information. Conduct eligibility checks to ensure insurance is reflected accurately.
- â‹Collects required insurance co-pays from patients including any prior balances.
- â‹Follows scheduling notes and direct schedules patient visits in other SMG practices as advised.
- â‹Performs pre-visit planning daily for all upcoming scheduled appointments to include running insurance eligibility.
- â‹Responsible to obtain prior authorizations and/or insurance referrals as per practice need.
- â‹Performs outreach to select patient groups as directed for patient care and quality measurement/guidelines. Schedules specialty appointments/testing as required.
- â‹Performs work in EMR buckets as directed and per practice need.
- â‹Responsible to inform manager of administrative supply needs or assists with ordering.
- â‹Follows up with providers on missing slips and creates claims in Athena.
- â‹Responsible to work assigned revenue cycle buckets as directed.
- â‹Must be able to work independently with little supervision.
- â‹Adheres to SMG policies.
- â‹Always uses discretion to ensure patient confidentiality.
- â‹Performs other duties as requested. â‹
- â‹Strong customer service excellence expected.
- â‹Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required
- â‹Experience with EMR strongly preferred. (Athena a plus)
- â‹Experience with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Outlook preferred.â‹
â‹â‹Education & Experience
- â‹High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- â‹One to three years as a medical secretary preferred. â‹
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 122252