Patient Service Specialist I
Steward Health Care System is comprised of 10 hospitals and more than 20 outpatient facilities all committed to compassion, accountability, respect and excellence. Headquartered in Boston, MA, Steward Health Care System is a community-based accountable care organization and community hospital network with more than 15,000 employees serving more than one million patients annually in 85 communities.
To function as a member of the administrative team and complete all daily tasks to ensure smooth day to day operations in busy practice..
- Use of athenaCollector for scheduling patient appointments, including patient registration, and practice billing. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Verify patient Insurance eligibility and adding insurance
- Patient Scheduling, including cancelling and rescheduling appointments, creating multi resource appts, using waitlists, and double booking when applicable
- Patient Check In
- Collecting Patient Copays /Payments
- Patient Check Out
- Using Workflow Dashboard
- Completing Day End Activities
- Answers, triages, and routes telephone calls appropriately; takes messages, follows through with each message, ensuring that the appropriate physician/staff member and received the information. Provides routine information to callers
- Prepares the daily schedules for the office, pulls and prepares the patient charts, ensuring that the proper chart has been selected and the appropriate paperwork has been attached to the chart (i.e., encounter form, etc.)
- Schedules patients' appointments and appropriate testing for patients as directed. Facilitates admissions to hospital as needed
- Verifies information from patients including demographic and health insurance information
- Prepares documents for billing physician encounters; enters data, ensures that referrals are received, etc.
- Provides administrative support for physician. Prepares correspondence, forms and other documents are requested. Enters information into the computer system. Transcribes dictation of a highly confidential nature
- Organizes and updates patient files, charts, and records
- Responsible for stocking of supplies and assists in ordering supplies
- Performs other duties as requested
Skills and Qualifications:
- Education from approved medical administrative program or equivalent preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 1 to 3 years of experience as a Medical Secretary preferred
- Experience with EMR strongly preferred (Athena or eCW a plus)
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 123555