Patient Service Specialist I
As a front desk employee, you will hold the title of Patient Service Specialist, PSS for short. PSS’s provide patients with outstanding customer service and ensure smooth operations of the clinic. You will be working at Desert Grove Family Medicine. This is a full-time position working M-F.
- Be friendly and welcoming while greeting patients and visitors
- Check-in patients, verify insurance information, explain financial requirements, collect co-pays and payments
- Answer telephones, schedule appointments and procedures
- Clerical functions including filing, preparing charts, requesting medical records, entering charges for billing
- Maintain HIPAA confidentiality, and exercise discretion on sensitive or confidential mattes.
- High School diploma or GED
- Demonstrated computer skills with data entry software
- On year medical office experience
- COVID-19 vaccination or qualified exemption
- Health insurance with option for $0 copay and $0 deductible
- Dental, Vision, Flex
- 401K with company match program
- Life insurance and Disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off, and no weekends
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
ABOUT STEWARD HEALTH CARE SYSTEM:
Steward Health Care’s physician-led model was created to provide patient’s access to the highest-quality care at a sustainable cost, providing personalized, and coordinated ongoing medical services that positively impact patients’ physical, emotional, and mental well-being.
Founded in 2010, Steward Health Care is the nation’s largest accountable care organization (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through its network of hospitals, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, and behavioral health services. Steward received a perfect 100% quality rating by the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Service’s (CMS) Medicare Shared Savings Program (MSSP) in 2020.
Based in Dallas, Steward is the largest private, physician-led health care network and currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.