Patient Service Specialist I
Steward Medical Group at Hawthorn Medical Associates is looking for an enthusiastic, dedicated Patient Service Specialist to support our new Pain Management practice.
The successful candidate will:
- Scheduling, referral management, check-out, triaging calls appropriately while managing a multi-line phone system.
- Obtaining prior authorizations for patients from various insurance and goverment payers
- Managing physician schedules by following up on patient no-shows.
- Demonstrating courteous phone manners and cooperative behavior towards patients, visitors, coworkers and providers.
- Performing duties as a team member, integrating activities with fellow employees and providers in all departments.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- At least 2 years of prior medical secretary or medical office experience preferred
- Must be familiar with using an electronic medical record (EMR) such as Athena, and have a strong understanding of medical terminology.
- Experience working with various insurance companies to obtain prior authorizations, plans and referral procedures strongly preferred.
We offer you:
- Vacation, holiday and sick time
- Medical, dental, vision and other elective insurances
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K with company contribution
- Supportive culture and professional development
- Internal growth opportunities
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Hawthorn Medical Associates, an affiliate of Steward Health Care, was established in 1970 and is the largest multi-specialty group practice in the Greater New Bedford area. We have many of the area’s finest physicians who practice in our state-of-the-art facilities in a campus-like setting. They are supported by a skilled professional and support staff and together provide high quality, comprehensive medical care to more than 138,000 patients each year.