Patient Service Specialist I
Steward Medical Group at Hawthorn Medical Associates is looking for an enthusiastic, dedicated Patient Service Specialist in our busy Cardiology practice.
We aim to create a supportive environment where you can develop your skills and further your career path with a passionate team of employees who are driven to learn from one another.
The successful candidate will:
- Scheduling, referral management, check-out, triaging calls appropriately while managing a multi-line phone system.
- Scheduling appointments accurately and efficiently.
- Managing physician schedules by following up on patient no-shows.
- Demonstrating courteous phone manners and cooperative behavior towards patients, visitors, coworkers and providers.
- Performing duties as a team member, integrating activities with fellow employees and providers in all departments.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- At least 2 years of prior medical secretary or medical office experience in a Cardiology setting preferred
- Must be familiar with using an electronic medical record (EMR) such as Athena, and have a strong understanding of medical terminology.
- Experience working with various insurance companies to obtain prior authorizations, plans and referral procedures strongly preferred.
- Experience scheduling surgical procedures and pre-operative testing is highly desired!
We offer you:
- Vacation, holiday and sick time
- Medical, dental, vision and other elective insurances
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K with company contribution
- Supportive culture and professional development
- Internal growth opportunities
Hawthorn Medical Associates, an affiliate of Steward Health Care, was established in 1970 and is the largest multi-specialty group practice in the Greater New Bedford area. We have many of the area’s finest physicians who practice in our state-of-the-art facilities in a campus-like setting. They are supported by a skilled professional and support staff and together provide high quality, comprehensive medical care to more than 138,000 patients each year.
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country’s largest physician-led, tax paying, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 116762