The Patient Registrar responsibilities include greeting and registering patients, answering telephone calls, insurance verification, customer service and maintenance of patient records.
- Serves as the first point of contact for providers and patients, via phone and in person.
- Greets and assists patients and visitors in a professional and courteous manner.
- Representative is responsible for timely and accurate scheduling, insurance eligibility and verification, referrals and authorization, patient registration, point of service collection, transfer, and discharge of all clinic patients.
- Process referrals and authorizations in a timely fashion.
- Accepts patient payments and records appropriately according to clinic policy.
- Ensure forms, records and/charts are completed and accurate
- File patient folders/document as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to communicate effectively and in a confidential manner.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, organizational skills, and written and verbal communications skills are essential.
- Computer skills and data entry skills are required.
- Familiarity with Microsoft, Internet and E-mail is necessary.
- Ability to multitask while maintaining a calm, organized demeanor.
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Experience: At least one (1) year of office or medical experience is preferred.
- Understanding of and experience in insurance verification; minimum of two (2) years’ experience
- Must be willing to float to other locations
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.