Patient Financial Services Rep, Team Lead
The Patient Financial Services (PFS) representative will serve as a primary support to Steward Medical Group (SMG) patients regarding any concerns related to billing, self-pay balances, insurance payments, and all other financial matters. This position will also help in collection of patient payments, setting up payment agreements and assisting in portal services.
- Provide patients with World Class service
- Act as subject matter expert and “go to” person regarding systems, policies and work flows
- Will monitor and assist to reassign some staff duties as necessary based on inbound call volumes and other work load volumes
- Monitor staff performance metrics for QA based on established standards for the department
- Answer incoming patient phone calls and make outbound collection calls on open balances
- Update patient insurance, confirming eligibility and queue claims for billing
- Update demographic and guarantor information in the Patient Accounting System
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Knowledge of insurance rules/regulation and policies
- Professional Working Revenue Cycle experience in either an AR follow up, Cash-Ops, denial management or self-pay role
- Ability to identify billing trends affecting patient balances
- Ability to multitask, and ability to follow through with our patients and contacts
- Ability to read, understand and interpret insurance Explanation of Benefits
- Prior experience with Athena preferred
- Experience with Excel, Word and Outlook required
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.