Patient Financial Service Rep
Are you looking for an exciting, professional career with a company that treats each individual with dignity and respect? We take pride in our work and organization knowing that we each make a difference in the lives of our patients every day!
Steward Medical Group at Hawthorn Medical Associates is looking for an enthusiastic, professional Patient Financial Services Representative with a positive attitude, along with the ability to work both independently and on a team in a fast-paced environment!
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing patients with World Class service
- Answering incoming patient phone calls and making outbound collection calls on open balances
- Updating patient insurance, confirming eligibility and queue claims for billing
- Updating demographic and guarantor information in the Patient Accounting System
- Acting in a professional manner and treating patients, co-workers, and leadership with respect at all times
- Troubleshooting and identifying patient billing issues to resolve them to patient’s satisfaction
- Evaluating accounts from both an insurance and self-pay perspective
- Managing and working queues and worklists in patient billing system
- Advocating for patients and contact insurance companies on their behalf, when necessary, to resolve disputes
- Assisting with patients with access to the Patient Portal and password resets
- Setting up payment plans, monitor and make outbound calls to patients with broken promise to pay agreements
- Other duties as assigned
Required knowledge and skills:
- Knowledge of insurance rules/regulation and policies
- Professional Working Revenue Cycle experience in either an AR follow up, Cash-Ops, denial management or self-pay role
- Ability to bring tasks to completion in a manner satisfactory go all
- Ability to communicate with others effectively in a concise manner, in order to bring issues effectively to a resolution
- Ability to identify billing trends affecting patient balances
- Ability to evaluate situations and escalate issues appropriately
- Ability to multitask, and ability to follow through with our patients and contacts
- Ability to read, understand and interpret insurance Explanation of Benefits
- Prior experience with Athena preferred
- Experience with Excel, Word and Outlook required
- Organizational, time management skills
Ability to think globally about the patient experience
Education: Associates degree or relevant work experience required
Experience (Type & Length): Medical billing, preferably in a professional setting, required
Software/Hardware: Athena and Meditech experience preferred
Competitive compensation and benefits programs, educational reimbursement and more!
Convenient South coast location, convenient to I-195, free parking
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Hawthorn Medical Associates, an affiliate of Steward Health Care, was established in 1970 and is the largest multi-specialty group practice in the Greater New Bedford area. We have many of the area’s finest physicians who practice in our state-of-the-art facilities in a campus-like setting. They are supported by a skilled professional and support staff and together provide high quality, comprehensive medical care to more than 138,000 patients each year.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 125232