Patient Care Tech
Are you looking for an exciting, professional career with a company that treats each individual with dignity and respect? We take pride in our work and organization knowing that we each make a difference in the lives of our patients every day!
Steward Medical Group at Hawthorn Medical Associates is looking for an enthusiastic, dedicated Patient Care Technician to assist in treatment of patients and provide quality in-office patient care.
We aim to create a supportive environment where you can develop your skills and further your career path with a passionate team of employees who are all driven to learn from one another.
The successful candidate will:
- Assist providers with patient care; ensures the patient is properly prepared in all aspects for the providers visit, verifies and obtains relevant information with patient and completes any necessary follow-up that the patient or provider may need. Assists the provider during any in-office procedures. Utilizes all necessary techniques.
- Be knowledgeable in the operation and condition of all medical devices and equipment used.
- Be knowledgeable regarding all clinical systems, protocols, policies and procedures necessary for the completion of all patient care duties, tasks and responsibilities as required by the department.
- Obtain and prepare laboratory specimens for testing
- Be responsible for cleaning exam/procedure room(s) and maintaining equipment between patients and at the end of the day in accordance with established protocol; document accordingly. Maintain a clean work area; prepare the equipment, patient room(s), and stock supplies or facilitate the reorder of supplies as necessary. Effectively troubleshoot minor problems. Notify appropriate personnel of equipment malfunctions and repairs as needed.
- Remain flexible with the changing needs of the department and the organization.
High school diploma or equivalent
Successful completion of a clinical training program, and/or work experience in Certified Nurses Assistant (CNA), Home Health Aide (HHA), Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), EKG Tech, or related field.
Prior experience in face-to-face customer service environment is preferred.
We offer you:
A starting rate of $15/hour with opportunity to increase pay based on attainment of MA Certification to $19/hour or more
Vacation, holiday and sick time
Medical, dental, vision and other elective insurances
Medical Assistant educational loan reimbursement
Hawthorn Medical Associates, an affiliate of Steward Health Care, was established in 1970 and is the largest multi-specialty group practice in the Greater New Bedford area. We have many of the area’s finest physicians who practice in our state-of-the-art facilities in a campus-like setting. They are supported by a skilled professional and support staff and together provide high quality, comprehensive medical care to more than 138,000 patients each year.
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward Physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Consistent with the actions of many healthcare providers across the country, and in an effort to keep our patients and staff safe, Steward Health Care Network will implement a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all employees and affiliated physicians. Individuals will be required to be fully vaccinated by December 15, 2021. Requests for reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable federal, state and local law will be considered. New hires will need to provide proof of vaccination or request accommodation prior to their start date.