Patient Accts Specialist
Are you looking for an exciting, professional career with a company that treats each individual with dignity and respect? We take pride in our work and organization knowing that we each make a difference in the lives of our patients every day!
Steward Medical Group at Hawthorn Medical Associates is looking for an enthusiastic, professional Patient Accounts Specialist (New Patient Coordinator) with a positive attitude, along with the ability to work both independently and on a team in a fast paced environment! The successful candidate will:
- Provide detailed verbal and written explanation on access to Urgent Care.
- Schedule all new patient appointments for the PCP.
- Provide on site visits/tours of facility when requested.
- Register all new patients for HMA PCP and transfer patients from PCP to PCP.
- Mail out new patient packets and releases for Medical Records.
- Enter all of the demographic data from new patient packets once returned into the EMR
- Call all patients who enter Urgent Care without a PCP to review HMA PCP’s and schedule appointments.
- Associates Business degree preferred along with three to five years experience in a health care delivery system. Computer literate, e.g., Windows, MIS, e-mail spreadsheet format, Athena
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Requires the ability to work independently and establish an effective relationship with Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, office staff and other health care providers in physician’s offices, community agencies, hospitals and other health care facilities.
- Requires autonomy in decision making using sound judgement based on factual information using established guidelines. Requires the ability to identify risk prone problematic situations and when to seek manager assistance.
- Requires the ability to be well organized and develop structural base. Requires the ability to remain organized with work flow in spite of frequent interruptions.
- Requires ability to demonstrate flexibility in assignment.
- Requires the ability to remain calm and courteous with all patients, family, hospital staff and co-workers.
- Ability to use computer keyboard and screen on a daily basis.