The Paralegal oversees, manages and performs a wide range of administrative and office support activities for the General Counsel and the Legal department and/or managers to facilitate the efficient operation of the organization. This position will be based out of our Boston office. This Paralegal will support several attorneys within the Legal department and must have a background in healthcare, corporate governance, employment law, human resources and compliance.
- Primary responsibility including, but not limited to, reviewing, drafting, and organizing corporate governance documents, votes, corporate bylaws, and corporate board materials.
- Interacts as necessary with health care licensing and regulatory entities such as CMS, the Joint Commission, Health and Human Services, and other state and federal agencies.
- Prepare and understands the work up necessary for Position Statements and responses to employment based state agencies. Comfortable with discovery processes.
- Maintains project files, tracks and monitors legal projects and matters, keeps the General Counsel informed as to the status of legal, risk and compliance matters, and keeps logs and reports of all matters updated and current.
- Conducts investigations and interviews and compiles reports, conclusions, findings and recommendations.
- Prepares appropriate responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries within email.
- Creates and modifies documents such as invoices, spreadsheets, database reports, memos, letters, and financial presentations using the appropriate applications.
- Comfortable with transactional and legal document review and drafting
- Advises Senior Management of any work-related issues to ensure a continued, orderly, and efficient office operation.
- Conducts research, compiles data, and prepares presentations as requested by General Counsel or Deputy General Counsel.
- Serves as liaison among General Counsel, Deputy General Counsel, other divisions, and other administrative support staff.
- Maintains confidentiality in all aspects of client, staff, and agency information.
- Participates and assists on cross-functional teams as needed.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
- Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external).
- Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs and ages, utilizing interpreters when needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Is versed in, and stays current with, knowledge of general corporate law; health care and hospital system operations, legal and regulatory issues.
- Fluent in all Microsoft Office Suite products in preparation of correspondence, documents and/or presentations; efficiently creates charts, graphs, tables, and text slides; responsible for formatting consistency and accuracy on time-sensitive, high-profile documents. Must be comfortable with Excel.
- Comfortable navigating Westlaw and other legal research engine tools.
- Experience navigating agency and state regulatory sites.
- Works independently to manage timing and action plans for completing department functions and preparing correspondence, reports and other documents ahead of need.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working in a health care law firm or health care corporate legal department is highly preferred.
- Experience with CT Corp; OnBase Contract Solutions; Clearsight; Sharepoint.
Education: Bachelor's degree required.
Experience: 2-3 years of relevant experience.
Certification/Licensure: Paralegal certificate preferred.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 13938