Outpatient Psychotherapist - LICSW
Steward Health Care is the largest private, tax-paying physician-led health care network in the United States. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward operates 35 hospitals in the United States and the country of Malta that regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The company employs approximately 42,000 health care professionals. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, over 7,900 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
This position is responsible for providing comprehensive clinical services to the Outpatient Psychiatry Clinic. This position will support the patients by aiding to provide access to excellent mental health services in a personalized and compassionate manner. This position will work in collaboration with the Psychiatrists.
- Outpatient psychotherapy for a caseload of Adults who have acute and/or chronic mental health conditions. Conditions may include, but are not limited to: depression, bipolar disorder, anxiety disorders, schizophrenia and others.
- Screening, psychosocial assessments and treatment planning.
- Family meetings and crisis intervention, as needed.
- Timely management of paperwork including progress notes and treatment planning
- Maintains a comprehensive knowledge of community resources
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with individuals, family members, case managers, treating physicians and community organizations.
- Must possess the interpersonal skills to engage individuals and families in helping relationships. Must be able to cope with the pressure of time limitations while respecting the needs of the individual and the requirements of the organization/department.
- Ability to take action in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of issues; able to use reason, even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Ability to remain open-minded and change opinions on the basis of information; perform a wide variety of tasks and change focus quickly as demands change; manage transitions effectively from task to task.
- Possesses a strong belief in an organizational culture that encourages valuing and best service excellence practices demonstrated through personal behavior and work ethic.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited program
- LICSW licensed in Massachusetts
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience
- Bilingual in Spanish or Portuguese a plus
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.