The HIM Acute Outpatient Coder shall support the Central or West Division. The Outpatient Coder shall review hospital outpatient medical documentation to assign, sequence, edit and/or validate the appropriate ICD-10-CM, CPT, HCPCS, and ICD-10-PCS codes. The specialist will perform coding across multiple locations. Will match outpatient coding area to experience (i.e. ED, Same Day Surgery, Routine Outpatient, Recurring, etc).
- Minimum 1 year of Acute Outpatient hospital coding required, 3 years preferred
- Comprehensive understanding of UHDDS guidelines, CCI Edits, Coding Clinic, etc.
- Meditech experience required
- Microsoft Office (Word, One Note, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ability to meet assigned deadlines.
- Education: RHIT or RHIA preferred
- Experience: 1 year of Acute Inpatient Coding Experience
- Certification/Licensure: CCS Certification
- Software/Hardware: 3M experienced required
Other: Remote position, but must report to the Richardson, Texas office as needed (onboarding, training, department meetings, etc).