Steward Health Care is the largest private, tax-paying physician-led health care network in the United States. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward operates 35 hospitals in the United States and the country of Malta that regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The company employs approximately 42,000 health care professionals. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, over 7,900 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
Steward Health Care System is comprised of 10 hospitals and more than 20 outpatient facilities all committed to compassion, accountability, respect and excellence. Headquartered in
Steward Medical Group, Inc. is a physician-led practice organization with 1,700 employees in total and more than 160 physician practices throughout Eastern Massachusetts.
This position is responsible for assisting the Director of Practice Operations for the SEMC PCP/OB Market of SMG in the area of Quality and Market Retention.
- The Quality Coordinator is a resource for Practice Managers.
- Participates in the Monthly Staff Networking Meetings and all other meetings as requested by the Director of Operations. .
- Assists the Director of Practice Operations and Practice Managers with ad-hoc reports on operations.
- Assists with processing all necessary documentation related to Quality and Retention.
- Must be able to work independently and problem solve with little supervision.
- Uses discretion at all times to ensure patient confidentiality. Conforms to the Confidentiality Policy of SMG.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in business concentration or equivalent work experience.
- Two to four years of health-care operations experience, preferably in a large group practice.
- Ability to work independently, analyze operational issues and to problem-solve in creative and effective ways.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Word processing and spreadsheet experience preferred (i.e., Excel, Word).
- Strong operational skills required.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 52859