Operations Coordinator I
This position is responsible for assisting the Director of Practice Management of Steward Medical Group with the daily operations of all the multi-specialty offices associated with SMG.
- Assists the Director with the daily operations of all sites.
- Coordinates, under the supervision of the Director, all New Provider on-boarding activities, including overseeing processes across and between multiple departments within the system (Physician Services, Provider Enrollment, Medical Staff Offices, etc.) coordinating departmental and clinical orientations and ensuring new Providers have all the tools they need to be successful members of the team.
- Manages tracker of Provider Enrollment issues
- Assists managers with vendor issues
- Enters PO’s for market
- Enters Capital requests and manages request tracker
- Responsible for preparing progress reports and trackers.
- Responsible for project management as requested.
- Assists in the development, maintenance and evaluation of all applicable policies and procedures through regular meetings with the various sites.
- Assists with processing all necessary documentation. Must be able to work independently and problem solve with little supervision.
- Manages some department invoicing and/or accounts receivable
- Assisting the practice managers in the market with billing, claims in hold
- Managing the vacation tracker for all managers and providers
- Assisting in preparing monthly financial packages for providers and managers
- Approving payroll for managers on a bi-weekly basis
- Filling in at practice sites during manager vacations and/or absences
- Assists in preparing monthly manager meetings, including agenda management, minutes, and coordinating with guests that participate on a monthly or one-time basis
- Uses discretion at all times to ensure patient confidentiality.
- Conforms to the Confidentiality Policy of SMG.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent amount of education and experience.
- 3 to 5 years of administrative experience in healthcare operations, preferably in a large group practice preferred.
- 2-4 years of referral/billing management experience preferred.
- Ability to work independently, analyze operational issues and to problem-solve in creative and effective ways.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Word processing and spreadsheet experience preferred (i.e., Excel, Word).
- Strong operational skills required.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.