Oncology Pharmacy Technician
- Prepare, compound, and dispense medications, chemotherapy, and intravenous medications upon physician's orders, and review/approval of Oncology Registered Nurses.
- Assist with processing patient charge tickets within Nucleus Virtual Inventory.
- Oversees pharmaceutical inventory stocking, restocking and management using Nucleus Virtual Inventory.
- Maintains clean and safe operation of biological safety cabinet and refrigerators.
- Responsible for ordering clinical supplies.
- Responsible for the billing and management of claims for chemotherapy and infusion procedures.
- When EMR is implemented, assist in integrating present procedures and protocols to the new system.
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED.
- Completion of Pharmacy Technician training program and/or college courses preferred.
- Certification by Commonwealth of MA Dept. of Public Health as a Pharmacy Technician.
- Certification by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) is preferred.
- Previous pharmacy experience with proficiency in IV preparation is required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and infusion pharmacy operations. Ideally familiar with chemotherapy.
- Demonstrating math skills to perform pharmaceutical calculations.
- Computer skills versatile enough to work on multiple platforms which are presently incompatible.
- Understanding of Medication Error Prevention methods.
- Ability to work in tandem with Nurses, Doctors, and secretarial staff of hematology/oncology office.
- Ability to maintain records and files.
- Ability to stand for a long period of time and pick up cases of fluids.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
About Steward Health Care
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.