About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country’s largest physician-led, tax paying, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Under the supervision of the Practice Manager, the Office Coordinator serves as liaison between the physicians, Practice Manager and the office support staff. The Office Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Practice Manager with all day-to-day operational, administrative, and fiscal aspects of the physicians' offices.
- Ensures efficiency and productivity with respect to administrative and clinical functions of the office. Daily monitoring of physician and patient activity in the practice; allocates resources to necessary tasks and set priorities. Reports any problems in this area to the Practice Manager immediately.
- Responsible for accurate registration, scheduling, confirmation, and billing functions
- Answers practice phones and sends messages to clinic staff/providers as appropriate. Trains front desk staff appropriately on these functions.
- Makes recommendations for improvements/enhancements to registration, scheduling, and billing procedures.
- Manages the oversight and audit of encounter forms for completeness, accuracy, batching, and prompt distribution to billing.
- Responsible for working collaboratively with practice manager and SHCN local chapter representatives to manage risk patient quality measures in order to obtain successful compliance rates.
- Responsible for daily oversight and reconciliation of co-payment and cash collection.
- Assists Practice Manager with payroll and time off requests and coverage needs.
- Triages patient complaints for the office, working with manager to resolve issues that arise.
- Responsible for monitoring missing charge reports.
- Oversees ordering all necessary medical/office supplies and equipment for the practice.
- Procurement process including; payment requests, on-line supply ordering, and reconciliation of AP payments (including coding invoices).
- Under the direction of the Practice Manager, responsible for the training and on-board processing of all new employees.
- Assurance that all "Best Practice" initiatives are followed.
- Maintains patient confidentiality according to Steward Medical Group and hospital standards.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree preferred, but not required. Relevant work experience may substitute for degree requirements.
- Must have 2-3 years of experience in a healthcare environment.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize daily activities.
- Must have a thorough understanding of billing, information systems, and knowledge of medical terminology and HIPPA requirements.
- Experience with electronic medical record systems (Athena preferred).
- Proficiency with computers and window-based products.
- Knowledge of insurance coverage systems, including but not limited to co-payments, referrals, HMO, PPO and capitated products, preferred.
- Ability to analyze operational issues and solve them creatively.
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 127213