Under the supervision of the Practice Manager, the Office Coordinator serves as liaison between the physicians, Practice Manager and the office support staff. The Office Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Practice Manager with all day-to-day operational, administrative, and fiscal aspects of the physicians' offices.
- Ensures efficiency and productivity with respect to administrative and clinical functions of the office. Daily monitoring of physician and patient activity in the practice; allocates resources to necessary tasks and set priorities. Reports any problems in this area to the Practice Manager immediately.
- Responsible for accurate registration, scheduling, confirmation, and billing functions
- Answers clinic phones and sends messages to clinic staff/providers as appropriate
- Makes recommendations for improvements/enhancements to registration, scheduling, and billing procedures.
- Manages the oversight and audit of encounter forms for completeness, accuracy, batching, and prompt distribution to billing.
- Responsible for daily oversight and reconciliation of co-payment and cash collection.
- Assists Practice Manager with payroll and payment of Invoices.
- Triages patient complaints for the office, working with appropriate management personnel to resolve issues that arise.
- Responsible for monitoring missing charge reports.
- Oversees ordering all necessary supplies and equipment for the practice.
- Procurement process including; payment requests, on-line supply ordering, and reconciliation of AP payments.
- Under the direction of the Practice Manager, responsible for the training and on-board processing of all new employees.
- Assurance that all “Best Practice” initiatives are followed.
- Maintains patient confidentiality according to Steward Medical Group and hospital standards.
- Strong orientation to patient care in accordance with the Faculty Practice Plan's values.
- Assists with front desk responsibilities if necessary: answering phones and sending messages to clinic staff/providers as appropriate.
- In conjunction with practice manager, orient new staff as appropriate for their roles in the practice. As well as train staff as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Associates or bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required. Relevant work experience may substitute for degree requirements.
- Must have 2-3 years of experience in a healthcare environment.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize daily activities.
- Must have a thorough understanding of billing, information systems, and knowledge of medical terminology and HIPAA requirements.
- Experience with electronic medical record systems (Athena preferred).
- Proficiency with computers and window-based products.
- Knowledge of insurance coverage systems, including but not limited to co-payments, referrals, HMO, PPO and capitated products, preferred.
- Ability to analyze operational issues and solve them creatively.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.