Steward Health Care is the largest private, tax-paying physician-led health care network in the United States. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward operates 35 hospitals in the United States and the country of Malta that regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The company employs approximately 42,000 health care professionals. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, over 7,900 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters per year. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
The role of the Office Coordinator II is to provide exceptional service to patients and customers while providing outstanding support to physicians and healthcare providers. The Office Coordinator ensures that patients are welcomed in a warm and friendly manner and sees that their needs and expectations are met. Office Coordinators are responsible for ensuring the smooth operations in the fast paced environment of the clinic with the goal of a positive patient experience with every encounter.
This position is located in Phoenix AZ.
- Coordinates purchases of office and medical supplies
- Assists Practice Manager in managing inventories
- Completes NextGen tasks and reports
- Compiles reports including: Referrals, Phone, and 80 day information
- Coordinates on-site telephone and computer systems with Hospital resource departments
- Develops and maintains working knowledge of regulations and standards specific to the clinic(s), including Medicare service, billing, and insurance regulations
- Is a resource for insurance inquiries that staff may have
- Conducts audits for front desk
- Assists with Alteer inquires and reports
- Posts daily batching
- Sets up payment plans and agreements which will ensure that collections are up to date
- Works collaboratively with clinic division coding and billing specialists and RCM to assure timely and accurate capture of charges for services provided, prompt response to claim rejections, and compliance with all reimbursement procedures
- Timely responses to patient inquiries and timely completion of assigned tasks
- Assists in routine clerical functions
- May assist with back office duties as assigned simultaneously
- Completes assigned training and education
- Performs other duties as determined by the Practice Manager or Clinic Director
- High School diploma or GED equivalent is required
- Institutional accreditation and degree obtainment will be verified upon hire
- Experience in an outpatient clinic or other healthcare setting
- Experience using Electronic Medical Records
- Demonstrated knowledge of medical terminology
Standing, sitting, walking, speaking, listening, bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping and manipulating tools, typing, using peripheral computer tools.
All positions subject to close without notice