Office Administrator - Revenue Cycle
Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where our patients live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operates 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
The Office Administrator serves as a liaison and support staff for the revenue cycle management team. The Office Administrator is responsible for assisting the management team with all day-to-day operational, administrative, and fiscal responsibilities of the department.
• Ensures efficiency and productivity with respect to administrative and clinical functions of the office.
• Responsible for completing all on-boarding tasks for new employees including but not limited to system access, parking, and physical space assignment.
• Responsible for completing all off- boarding tasks for departing employees including but not limited to collecting company equipment and other physical property.
• Responsible for accurate interview and meeting scheduling, confirmation, and event coordination functions.
• Prepare administrative and ad hoc reports as needed.
• Maintain working knowledge of relevant policies and procedures and provide information in this regard as required.
• Responsible for calendar oversight of department conference rooms and management team.
• Makes recommendations for improvements/enhancements to department procedures.
• Responsible for department invoice payments including coding, obtaining appropriate signature(s) and submission for payment. Responsible for reconciliation of all department AP payments.
• Responsible for oversight of all office supplies and placing supply orders as needed.
• Maintains patient confidentiality according to Steward Medical Group and system standards.
• All other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma required. Associates or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• 1-3 years of experience in an office environment required. Previous experience in healthcare preferred.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficiency with computers and Microsoft Office products required.
• Must have the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Must be able to multi-task and prioritize daily activities.
• Must have the ability to analyze operational issues and solve them creatively.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
1. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
2. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
3. A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 53698