Steward Medical Group at Hawthorn is looking for an enthusiastic, dedicated Occupational Therapist with a positive attitude, along with the ability to work both independently and on a team in a fast-paced environment.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide evaluation for clients not limited to joint assessment, musculoskeletal functions, sensorimotor skills, functional and work abilities.
- Develop a treatment plan based on data collected as well as implement, monitor, and modify a plan to achieve goals.
- Provide occupational therapy techniques not limited to P/ROM, joint mobilization, massage, myofascial release, desensitization techniques, wound care, dressing changes, and job simulation.
- Utilize thermal and electrical physical agent modalities not limited to providing hot/cold packs, fluid therapy, paraffin/contrast baths, ultrasound, phonophoresis, TENS, NMES, HVPGS, iontophoresis, and biofeedback.
- Fabricate custom splints, select/order adaptive devices/equipment, and train client in use.
- Communicate effectively with fellow staff regarding client's condition, and also may include their physician, rehab nurse, case manager, employer and family members to ensure consistent quality occupational therapy services.
- Provide a written status report to referring physician each time the client is to see their physician and when is a workman's comp case to other appropriate parties.
- Assures continuity of care following discharge by designing home exercise programs and safety protocols and instructing patients, families, or caregivers.
- Serves as staff resource on occupational therapy issues.
- Perform all other duties as directed.
- The job holder must demonstrate current competencies applicable to job position.
Experience with the traumatic injury/post-surgical patient. BS in Occupational Therapy. Possess OT License. Ideal candidate will have obtained Certified Hand Therapist (CHT) credential. Other candidates need to possess a minimum of three years in hand related therapy and be pursuing CHT credential.
Hawthorn Medical Associates, an affiliate of Steward Health Care, was established in 1970 and is the largest multi-specialty group practice in the Greater New Bedford area. We have many of the area’s finest physicians who practice in our state-of-the-art facilities in a campus-like setting. They are supported by a skilled professional and support staff and together provide high quality, comprehensive medical care to more than 138,000 patients each year.
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country's largest physician-led, minority-owned, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 33 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Texas.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.