Nurse Practitioner PDM
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country’s largest physician-led, tax paying, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
For more information, visit www.steward.org.
St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center, a community-based academic teaching hospital, is seeking Advanced Practice Providers (PAs and NPs) with Critical Care experience for full time and per diem positions to staff St. Elizabeth’s ICU from 7pm – 7am. Advanced Practice Providers will provide coverage of medical and surgical ICU patients with immediate supervision from eICU physicians. Duties will include assisting with admissions from the ER, floors, PACU and referring hospitals, assessing, and managing decompensating patients, and performing needed procedures, specifically placement of central lines and arterial lines.
Responsibilities and Duties
1. Co-management of beds, non-teaching adult intensive care unit with eICU attending back-up. Shifts will be overnight from 7 pm – 7am.
2. Will round on patients and develop over-night care plan, follow-up on lab and imaging studies and order/adjust medication regimens including paralytic agents, vasoactive medications, and anti-arrhythmic agents.
3. Will admit patients to the ICU from the emergency department, in-patient floor or in transfer.
4. Will perform critical care consults and respond to rapid response and cardiac arrests in the in-patient setting.
5. Independently perform skills including intubation, central line access, arterial lines, and thoracentesis if certified
6. Interpret EKGs and manage arrhythmias or ischemic events.
7. When applicable will provide documentation including admission, progress, procedure, discharge, and transfer notes.
8. Provide verbal and written morning sign-out to attending and resident staff.
General Responsibilities/Essential Functions
1. Provide superior customer service to internal and external clients, customers, and patients as referenced in the Service Excellence Standards.
2. Build and maintain a detailed referring physician database.
3. Ensure follow-up and update communication with referring physicians and patients via telephone and/or fax, email, or written correspondence.
4. Ensure proper communication between the pulmonary medicine service and all other applicable staff including RNs, NP’s, PAs, house staff, fellows and attending physicians.
5. Prepare and submit documentation in consultation with attending physicians and fellows to ensure financial reimbursement for NP/PA/MD encounters. This involves making sure that all applicable information is coordinated, available, and contains initial NP/PA documentation which is then made available to the attending MDs to maintain high quality patient care and reimbursement practices.
6. Provide patient education. Participate in the educational training of medical residents, pulmonary medicine fellows, NP’s, PAs, nurses, and students.
7. Participate in clinical research in the form of patient recruitment and data collection and management.
8. Participate in journal club, divisional rounds, and mid-day educational conferences.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: On Call
Job Reference #: 126173