Nurse Practitioner Clinic - Behavioral Health
Full time inpatient psychiatric advanced practice provider (APP). The ideal candidate will possess Pennsylvania Certified Physician Assistant (PA-C) or Certified Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (CRNP).
The APP will provide patient care on the inpatient psychiatric units with pediatric, adolescent, and adult age patients. The APP will be available to work daily during daytime and evening hours Monday - Friday with scheduled overnight and weekend call. The APP assesses, plans, and provides patient care under the supervision of a psychiatrist. The APP examines patients, performs comprehensive examinations, and documents patient medical data, including mental health history and results of examination. Requires a successful completion from an accredited PA or CRNP program. Must meet any state requirements pertaining to a mental health physician assistant or Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner with psychiatric specialization. Ideal candidate is familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures related to inpatient mental health treatment. Relies on experience and critical judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Good communication and documentation skills are required. The APP will be responsible for the following functions/tasks:
- Daily assessment and treatment of assigned patients on the inpatient psychiatry units. This includes meeting face-to-face with the patient, ordering appropriate consults, lab tests and diagnostic studies as well as prescribing medications as indicated.
- Psychiatric consults for patients on the medical and surgical floors where psychiatric input is formally requested.
- Initial psychiatric assessments of patients admitted to the Emergency Room or to the inpatient psychiatry units.
- On-call responsibilities, usually by phone in off hours, where informed decisions are made regarding either admission of prospective patients or emergency management of inpatients are required.
- The Physician Assistant will document in the chart any patient contact including daily assessment of and interventions with patients as well as initial assessments, consults and discharge summaries.
- Will devote additional time as is necessary to attend to administrative duties and treatment team meetings.
- Will comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, as well as all governmental regulations.
- Will cooperate with inspections of audits of medical charts.
- Pennsylvania license to practice as a Physician Assistant¨
- Start date contingent on successful enrollment of insurance payors.
- DEA / PA Control Substance licensure¨
- Graduation from an accredited Physician Assistant Program. Behavioral Health experience in an outpatient program preferred.
- Current BLS and ACLS certification