Responsible for overseeing and coordinating all clinical support activities in the Practice. Responsible for providing professional clinical assistance to patients within the practice in support of the physicians. Working directly with the physicians, is the liaison between the patient and the physicians for establishing and maintaining quality patient care. Responsible for performing all duties in accordance with clinic protocols and procedures.
- Provides superior customer service to internal and external clients, customers, and patients as referenced in the Service Excellence Standards.
- Utilizes clinical teamwork to oversee the interdisciplinary plan of care:
- Assesses the patient and family as appropriate
- Plans and implements clinical care and facilitates its delivery to patients and family members Evaluates the process and outcome of clinical services in the practice and makes suggestions for improvement
- Documents according to Steward and practice policies
- Practices and promotes professional clinical care within legal and ethical standards
- Provides education/consultation as needed to other health care team members and to patients and families
- Assumes responsibility for personal and professional growth through identification of own learning needs
- Encourages an environment of teamwork with other employees. Demonstrates flexibility and creativity in dealing with unforeseen developments through participative leadership and problem solving
- Uses resources and completes assignments in the most cost-effective manner
- Willingly adapts to changing workloads and helps others when they are busy
- Demonstrates effective leadership skills by:
- Organizing and appropriately prioritizing patient care assignments
- Demonstrating effective delegation skills
- Respects the cultural diversity of others
- Complies with applicable Steward required mandatory education and training
- Maintains professional license through practice-based continuing education programs
- Assists with determining appropriate staffing levels. Assists with recruiting efforts for new clinical staff. Assists with evaluating clinical staff performance and completion of performance evaluations
- Assists with development and implementation of policies and procedures
- Responsible for maintaining adequate medical supply and pharmaceutical inventory. Assists in placing orders as necessary
- As a member of clinic management, ensures that the practice meets all code and accreditation standards (OSHA, -DPH, JCAHO, CLIA, HIPAA)
- Administers vaccinations and injections
- Manages anticoagulation patient population, which includes PT-INR testing, relaying results to physicians and -communicating changes in medication schedule to patients
- Performs ear lavage and suture removal
- Triages telephone calls and schedules urgent care appointments.
- Frequent contact with outside providers and agencies to facilitate and coordinate patient care.
- Performs other related duties as directed.
- Graduate of accredited LPN or RN Program
- Three (3) or more years in a clinical setting, preferably in office settings related to internal medicine sub-specialties preferred.
- Current licensure in Massachusetts as a Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse.
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country's largest physician-led, minority-owned, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 33 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Texas.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.