Nurse Case Manager
Are you looking for an exciting, professional career with an organization that treats each individual with dignity and respect? We take pride in our work knowing that we each make a difference in the lives of our patients every day!
Steward Medical Group at Hawthorn Medical Associates seeks an enthusiastic, professional Transitional Nurse Case Manager with a helpful mindset, and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment! The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Care management of patients through the continuum of care including development and communication of a comprehensive care plan based on evidence-based best practice for chronic illness
- Pro- active management and follow-up (telephone, PCP office and in some circumstances it may be beneficial to the patient if the care coordinator is able to assess the patient during a home visit) according to the care plan.
- Direct caregiver support, including ad hoc telephone advice
- Facilitation of patient and caregiver access to community resources relevant to patient’s needs, including referrals to transportation programs, Meals on Wheels, senior centers, chore services, et cetera
- Incorporation of self-care and shared decision making in all aspects of patient care.
Directly interfaces with physicians, HMA Transitional Nurse Practitioners, HMA Nurse Case Managers, health care teams, patients and their unpaid caregivers in managing the patient’s care. The care coordinator utilizes sound clinical judgment and critical thinking skills to coordinate and authorize services based on entitled benefits and defined criteria. May require patient home visits.
- Current Massachusetts RN license
- BSN or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 5 years working with geriatric patients preferred
- Home care or case management experience preferred
- A valid driver’s license and reliable means of transportation
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills, with a flexible and creative approach to problem-solving
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, and an ability to listen and be assertive, as required
- Ability to work independently and to work effectively as a member of an interdisciplinary team, displaying good clinical judgment and decision-making skills
- Have a commitment to “coaching” (rather than “teaching”) patients to improve their health behavior to attain their health-related goals
- Proficient in computer use and the Internet
Competitive compensation and benefits programs, educational reimbursement and more!
Convenient south coast location, convenient to I-195, free parking
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Hawthorn Medical Associates, an affiliate of Steward Health Care, was established in 1970 and is the largest multi-specialty group practice in the Greater New Bedford area. We have many of the area’s finest physicians who practice in our state-of-the-art facilities in a campus-like setting. They are supported by a skilled professional and support staff and together provide high quality, comprehensive medical care to more than 138,000 patients each year.