Nuclear Medicine Tech
Under the direction of a nuclear medicine physician, performs imaging utilizing diagnostic equipment. Performs radio-pharmacy procedures, quality control procedures, and daily monitoring procedures under the nuclear medicine physician. Must be able to collaborate and effectively communicate with physicians, other health care professionals, and patients. To decide if a test is correctly ordered and provide the additional views for a quality study.
- Prepares stock solutions of radio pharmaceuticals and materials; calculates and administers doses under the direct supervision of a Radiologist
- Prepare and performs diagnostic exams on patients as prescribed by physician.
- Explain medical procedures to the patient and answer question as prescribed by physician.
- Maintain and operate imaging equipment
- Follows radiation safety techniques and policies in the use and disposal of radioactive materials.
- May prepare radioactive drugs and administer them to the patient
- Responsible for the care and safety of patients undergoing exams.
- Practices medical and surgical aseptic procedures
- Compiles, keeps detailed records, and maintains quality assurance information.
- Associated Degree in Nuclear Medicine or related field
- Minimum one-year experience
- State License required for TX
- National Registry ARRT or CNMT required
Position is Part-Time 32 hours per week
Standing, sitting, walking, speaking, listening, bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping and manipulating tools, typing, using peripheral computer tools
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.