Responsible for Managing and Maintaining the Steward Health Care LAN/WLAN/WAN infrastructure which connects Hospitals and Branch Offices to the corporate network. This includes maintaining routers, switches, wireless, video, unified communications hardware and network management server configurations; supporting/troubleshooting network problems; coordinating installation and maintenance of network hardware and systems, and project implementation. Works with other network and security engineers and provides leadership and mentoring as needed. This will be based out of St Luke’s Hospital Phoenix, AZ.
- Performs installation, upgrade, maintenance and decommissioning of network electronics, software, and solutions.
- Recommends hardware and software acquisitions to meet projected demands.
- Adheres to problem resolution and escalation procedures, documenting, and responding to all related system problems and resolving them on a timely basis.
- Notifies Management of problem areas.
- Keeps abreast of industry trends and changes in network software and hardware technologies in order to improve current service levels.
- Off-hours availability for emergencies and maintenance windows is required.
- Performs regular on-call duties as scheduled.
- One to three years of professional experience in a medium to large size organization with complex networks.
- Current CCNA Certification is required.
- Additional preferred industry certifications include: CCNP, CCIE or other Cisco certification, CISSP.
- Strong understanding of IP subnetting and routing protocols including BGP, OSPF and EIGRP.
- Experience with Cisco network products, and Network Management Systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot network/security related issues and manage components in a production environment is critical.
- Ability to prioritize projects and daily work-flow.
- Excellent teamwork & communication skills are required.
- Must have a strong customer geared focus.
- Ability to plan and be proactive in approach.
- Must possess the ability to solve problems creatively following Stewards Healthcare standards.
- Ability to deploy, manage, monitor and document complex network infrastructures.
- Experience with the following is desired
- Cisco VoIP
- Juniper Firewalls
- F5 network load balancers
- Proficiency in a scripting language such as Perl is desirable.
- Cisco Nexus class and ACI experiences
- Experience with Unix (especially FreeBSD and Linux) is desirable.
- Previous experience in health care environment insurance company is desirable.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 18266