Network Engineer VTC
Technical Position responsible for assisting in maintaining the Steward Cisco IP Telephony infrastructure. This includes analysis, and maintaining unified communications hardware and Unified Communications hardware configurations; supporting/troubleshooting network/system problems; coordinating with vendors for maintenance and installation of UC hardware and software, and device implementations.
Works with other network and security engineers, system administrators, systems analysts, support center staff, technicians, vendors, and users relating to applications associated with a production-UC environment.
Works with End users to resolve issues related to the UC environment.
• Installing and maintaining unified communications hardware and UC server configurations; supporting/troubleshooting UC problems; coordinating with vendors for installation of UC hardware and software, and assisting with project implementations.
• Provide User assistance through use of Footprints ticketing system
• Follows all Steward Standards and Protocols including escalation procedure, documenting and change management guidelines
• Keeps abreast of vendor best practices, industry trends and changes in network software and hardware technologies to improve current service levels.
• Off hours’ availability for emergencies and change windows is required.
• Performs regular on-call duties as scheduled.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Comprehensive knowledge and hands on experience with Cisco Voice Gateways and routers, Cisco Unified Applications: Contact Center Express (UCCX), Cisco CallManager / Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM), CiscoUnity / Unity Connection, Cisco Unified Messaging, Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise (UCCE).
• Solid understanding in network and telephony design, Layer 3 switching/routing, VoIP protocols, and QoS with focus on highly availability, security, resiliency, low latency, and business continuity.
• Strong experience in telecommunication and integration with Data/Telephony system from other vendors.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills. Extensive knowledge of network and VoIP troubleshooting techniques.
• Experience with Survivable Remote Site Telephony (SRST) architecture and best practices.
• Ability to prioritize daily work-flow.
• Ability to communicate effectively to Steward personnel, including Management and IS staff, using written and oral formats.
• Excellent teamwork skills.
• Ability to plan and be proactive in approach, must possess the ability to solve problems creatively.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret applicable technical documentation, system reports, software licenses and contracts.
• Travel between the various Steward Hospitals, in Massachusetts and across the country.
• All other duties as assigned.
I. Education: 2 Year college degree.
II. Experience (Type & Length) Five or more years of professional experience in a medium to large size organization with complex networks.
III. Certification/Licensure: Preferred industry certifications include: CCNA, CCNP, CCIE or other Cisco certification.
IV. Software/Hardware: Experience with Cisco network and VOIP products is required.
Ability to deploy and manage multi cluster and multi-subscriber Cisco VOIP environments, as well as SRST is required.
Proficiency in a scripting for UCCX is desirable.
Experience with Unix (especially Linux) is desirable.
V. Other: Ability to troubleshoot network/system related issues and manage components in a production environment is critical.