The Network Administrator is responsible for implementation and maintenance the Steward Health Care network infrastructure. This includes deployment and maintenance of router, switch and wireless hardware and network management server configurations; supporting/troubleshooting network/system problems; coordinating with vendors for installation of network hardware, circuits and systems, and project implementation.
The Network Administrator will work with other network and security engineers, system administrators, systems analysts, support center staff, technicians, vendors, and users relating to applications associated with a production-computing environment.
This position will report to the Manager of Network Engineering and will bring a strong in-depth knowledge of all aspects of Network information systems in a large enterprise. S/he will work together with stakeholders, leadership and subject matter experts to effectively support, design and deploy effective technical solutions that maps to the organization's strategy, processes, information, and information technology assets.
Steward Health Care is a fast paced and rapidly expanding organization. This presents challenges around improving existing technology and processes while evolving the ability of Information Services to deliver enterprise class services to meet the growing needs of our thriving business.
It is imperative to constantly improve day-to-day operations and availability of information while also developing long-term solutions and processes that will ultimately differentiate Steward Health Care from other organizations and provide improvements to our employees, physicians and patients.
The organization will continue to evolve creating a consistent level of change in the environment.
- Responsible for maintaining the Steward network infrastructure. This includes maintaining router, switch, wireless, unified communications hardware and network management server configurations; supporting/troubleshooting network/system problems; coordinating with vendors for installation of network hardware and systems, and project implementation.
- Performs installation and maintenance of network hardware, software, and solutions.
- May be involved in recommendation hardware and software acquisitions to meet projected demands.
- May be involved in network design and architecture decisions.
- Adheres to problem resolution and escalation procedures, documentation, and responding to all related system problems and resolving them on a timely basis.
- Notifies manager of problem areas and develops backup strategy and emergency plans.
- Assists with maintenance of network equipment inventory, IP addresses management, service locations, and leased lines.
- Keeps abreast of industry trends and changes in network software and hardware technologies in order to improve current service levels.
- Off-hours availability for emergencies and change windows is required.
- Performs regular on-call duties as scheduled.
- Provides support for all facilities including data centers, hospitals campuses and remote locations.
- Acts as a mentor to other team members to help ensure all team members are expanding existing skill sets in to new areas while becoming more proficient in skills already in place.
Continued development and expansion of skill set in all areas of data center networking