Are you looking for an exciting, professional career with a company that treats each individual with dignity and respect? We take pride in our work and organization knowing that we each make a difference in the lives of our patients every day!
Steward Medical Group at Hawthorn Medical Associates is looking for an enthusiastic, experienced MRI Technologist to operates MR Imaging equipment and acquire images for use by physicians in diagnosis and treatment of pathologies
We aim to create a supportive environment where you can develop your skills and further your career path with a passionate team of employees who are all driven to learn from one another.
The successful candidate will:
- Operate MR Imaging equipment to obtain diagnostic images and information. In doing so, ensures the patient is properly prepared, obtains a relevant patient history and assures proper positioning, Selects proper imaging techniques and follows department protocols in order to provide the Radiologist with images of diagnostic quality for interpretation.
- Explain the exam to the patient, taking into consideration the physical and emotional needs of the patient while maintaining ethical standards, including but not limited to, patient confidentiality, professional conduct and patients physical privacy.
- Prepare and administers contrast media/medications as prescribed by a licensed practitioner following state statues and department policy; performs venipuncture with knowledge of appropriate needle gauge for specific exams in relation to injector rates and the safe use of the power injector.
- Maintains a clean work area, prepares the equipment, patient room and stocks supplies. In a timely fashion informs appropriate personnel when orders need to be placed.
- Participate in quality assurance and quality improvement projects as well as utilizing appropriate cost containment measures.
- Remain flexible in all shift coverage and overtime situations as they become necessary.
- Use independent judgment and initiative under pressure in a variety of situations when performing patient procedures.
- Utilizes aseptic sterile techniques as necessary for any invasive procedures. Able to assist the Radiologist per Physician during any such procedures. Maintains all supplies needed for these procedures in a clean and organized manner.
- Execute paperwork as necessary for each patient exam, including but not limited to CPT codes and checking all Physician order sheets prior to the patient exam. Assures that all medical information is complete and accurate for the exam ordered. Assures all necessary paperwork is in the patient’s medical records.
- Remains current on developments and trends in imaging techniques, procedures and equipment by reading manuals and technical journals. Participate in educational programs, maintain CEU’s that meet State and National guidelines.
- Graduate of an approved formal program in Radiologic Technology.
- ARRT Certification (Radiography).
- ARRT Certification (MR).
- Possess a valid Massachusetts License as a Radiologic Technologist (Radiography), (MR)
- CPR Certification
We offer you:
- Vacation, holiday and sick time
- Medical, dental, vision and other elective insurances
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K with company contribution
- Supportive culture and professional development
- Internal growth opportunities
Hawthorn Medical Associates, an affiliate of Steward Health Care, was established in 1970 and is the largest multi-specialty group practice in the Greater New Bedford area. We have many of the area’s finest physicians who practice in our state-of-the-art facilities in a campus-like setting. They are supported by a skilled professional and support staff and together provide high quality, comprehensive medical care to more than 138,000 patients each year.
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers with unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country's largest physician-led, minority-owned, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 33 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Texas.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.