Performs diagnostic testing following standardized procedures on patient samples, which aids physicians in the diagnosis and/or monitoring of various disease states. Resolves problems and interprets results as to accuracy, acceptability, and critical limits. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks.
- Studies blood cells, their numbers, and morphology using a microscopic technique.
- Analyze test results and enters findings into a database.
- Perform blood group, type, and compatibility tests for transfusion purposes.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair any issues with the equipment used in the laboratory.
- Perform radiographic procedures at a technically acceptable level.
- Maintain quality assurance of the laboratory by performing proficiency testing.
- Reduce the potential for liability by following established practices and procedures for completing x-rays as requested by the physician.
- Performs radiographic procedures at a technically acceptable level.
- Interacts professionally with patient/family.
- Maintains HIPAA confidentiality at all times.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year institution.
- M.T. Certification.
- NCA, ASCP, or AMT Certification(s).
- Two years of laboratory experience.
We have many plans with various deductibles, which can cover individuals or families so you can customize a plan that will work for you! Steward Health Care works with Blue Cross Blue Shield to provide affordable health insurance for our employees. Our Health Plans Highlights are:
- Deductibles will not apply to services provided by a Steward provider (Tier 1).
- Office visits copays will be $0 when a member uses a Steward Provider (Tier 1).
- Dental, Vision, Health Care Savings Account, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, and more.
Steward Health Care is the largest private, tax-paying physician-led health care network in the United States. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward operates 35 hospitals in the United States and the country of Malta that regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The company employs approximately 42,000 health care professionals. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, over 7,900 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters per year. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
At Steward, we believe in honesty, integrity and the importance of community care. More importantly, we believe in our people. We offer competitive salaries and benefits. All inquiries will remain confidential. Steward Health Care System is an equal opportunity employer.