The Medical Secretary summary of duties included supporting all medical staff with various duties to support the clinics.
- Prepares charts on new patients, updates charts for existing/returning patients.
- Assists patient with authorization to release medical records.
- Assists with other clerical functions as needed or requested.
- Maintains professional and appropriate communication and behavior with patients, co-workers, provider, and vendors.
- Obtains authorizations for tests and specialists.
- Oversees schedule to make sure appointments are appropriate with provider schedules.
- Answers all phone calls promptly and courteously. Takes messages accurately and completely. Ensures that callers placed on hold are attended to promptly.
- Establishes and maintains system for efficient flow of paperwork. Makes recommendations as appropriate.
- Transfers calls to appropriate departments.
- Obtains confidentiality
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- High School diploma or equivalent
- One year of experience
- CPR/FA Certification
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.