Are you looking for an exciting, professional career with an organization that treats each individual with dignity and respect? We take pride in our work knowing that we each make a difference in the lives of our patients every day!
Steward Medical Group at Hawthorn Medical Associates seeks an enthusiastic, professional Medical Secretary with a helpful mindset, and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment! The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Scheduling, referral management, check-out, triaging calls appropriately while managing a multi-line phone system.
- Scheduling appointments accurately and efficiently.
- Managing physician schedules by following up on patient no-shows.
- Demonstrating courteous phone manners and cooperative behavior towards patients, visitors, coworkers and providers.
- Performing duties as a team member, integrating activities with fellow employees and providers in all departments.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- At least 2 years of prior medical secretary or medical office experience.
- Must be familiar with using an electronic medical record (EMR) such as Athena, and have a strong understanding of medical terminology.
- Experience working with various insurance companies to obtain prior authorizations, plans and referral procedures strongly preferred.