Steward Health Care is the largest private, tax-paying physician-led health care network in the United States. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward operates 35 hospitals in the United States and the country of Malta that regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The company employs approximately 42,000 health care professionals. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, over 7,900 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
• Use of AthenaCollector for scheduling patient appointments, including patient registration, and practice billing. Verify patient Insurance eligibility and adding insurance
• Patient Scheduling, including canceling and rescheduling appointments, creating multi resource appts, using waitlists, and double booking when applicable
• Patient Check In
• Collecting Patient Copays /Payments
• Patient Check Out
• Using Workflow Dashboard
• Completing Day End Activities
• Answers, triages, and routes telephone calls appropriately; takes messages, follows through with each message, ensuring that the appropriate physician/staff member and received the information. Provides routine information to callers
• Prepares the daily schedules for the office, pulls and prepares the patient charts, ensuring that the proper chart has been selected and the appropriate paperwork has been attached to the chart (i.e., encounter form, etc.)
• Schedules patients' appointments and appropriate testing for patients as directed. Facilitates admissions to hospital as needed
• Verifies information from patients including demographic and health insurance information
• Prepares documents for billing physician encounters; enters data, ensures that referrals are received, etc.
• Provides administrative support for physician. Prepares correspondence, forms and other documents are requested. Enters information into the computer system. Transcribes dictation of a highly confidential nature
• Organizes and updates patient files, charts, and records
• Responsible for stocking of supplies and assists in ordering supplies
• Performs other duties as requested
• Onboard Medical and PA Students (submit access to EMR, arrange for ID badges, schedule computer training)
• Organize Didactic schedule for Providers and students across New England
• Serve as primary contact for students while they are on rotation in clinic or in the hospital
• Assist Clerkship Director with enforcing rules of institutions, reviewing student presentations, providing student feedback and evaluations, and other assigned duties
• Maintain clerkship schedules and calendars
• Coordinator clerkship activities, meetings, programs with partnering sites
• Education from approved medical administrative program or equivalent preferred
• High School Diploma or equivalent required
• 1 to 3 years of experience as a Medical Secretary preferred
• Experience with EMR strongly preferred (Athena a plus)
• Experience with Microsoft Office suite
• Familiarity with video platforms such as Zoom or Microsoft Teams required
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.