This position is to function as a member of the administration team and completes assigned daily practice tasks to ensure smooth day to day operations in the SMG physician practice. The Office Coordinator backs up the Practice Manager and assists with all practice and administrative operations and takes on special projects in the office as assigned. Must maintain a professional, positive manner when talking with patients in-person, over the phone or via email.
- Responsible to assist the front desk as necessary and meet all expectations of the Patient Service Specialist II.
- Provides a high level of customer service to all new and existing patients of the practice.
- Responsible to assist the Practice Manager with all practice operations.
- Responsible to ensure new staff are trained and ready to work at the front desk.
- Responsible to obtain prior authorizations and/or insurance referrals as per practice need.
- Ensures all daily tasks are completed and that someone is always responsible to perform pre-visit planning.
- Works with Practice Manager to coordinate staff schedules.
- Runs daily/weekly huddles in absence of manager.
- Assists practice administrative and clinical staff with operational needs.
- Assist as requested with quality measures by way of appointment booking or list management.
- Responsible to place orders for administrative supplies as needed.
- Works with front desk staff who are not meeting co pay and prior balance collection targets.
- Follows up with providers on missing slips and creates claims in Athena.
- Responsible to work assigned revenue cycle buckets as directed.
- Performs work in EMR buckets as directed and per practice need.
- Monitor clinical inbox buckets to ensure they are being worked.
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision.
- Adheres to SMG policies.
- Always uses discretion to ensure patient confidentiality.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Strong customer service excellence required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required.
- In good standing: No disciplinary actions in previous 12 months and rated “above average” on the last performance evaluation.
- Demonstrate ability to take ownership of a practice workflow for at least 6 months as assigned by manager
- Consistently collects an average of 90-95% co-pays in the past 6 months.
- Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience with athena.
- Experience with
- 3+ years’ experience as a Medical Secretary
- 18+ months as a PSS II or MA/PSSII with SMG
- In good standing: no disciplinary actions in previous 6 months and met expectations on previous performance evaluation.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Responsible for data entry into the Electronic Medical Record per provider instructions.
- Record a physician-directed patient history of present illness (HPI), past medical history (PMH), family and/or social history and physical examination (PE), including pertinent positives and negatives. Ensures transcription of handwritten or electronic physician notes, including but not limited to: verbal communication from the physician, patient/doctor interactions, physical exam findings, medical decision making, medication orders, laboratory results, radiological reports, clinical reevaluations, consultations and dispositions.
- Record procedures and the results of laboratory tests and radiographic images.
- Improve the efficiency of patient care by assisting the physician with routine matters.
- Serve as an ambassador/liaison between the physician, the patient and the staff.
- Assumes responsibility for other non-clinical assignments such as obtaining old medical records, and locating previous studies.
- Assists with front office duties.
- Answers telephones, forwards telephone messages and under the direction of licensed staff schedules appointments, procedures and diagnostic tests.
- Assists in routine clerical functions such as filing of medical information in patient's records, locating and compiling department charts, obtaining medical records from other providers and entering charges for billing purposes.
- Assists with back office duties when not directly assisting the physician with a patient.
- Prepares patients to be seen by physicians.
- Obtains vital signs and testing as required by the healthcare provider.
- Assists provider with collection, documentation, processing, and verification of information related to patient care in an EMR system.
- Keeps patients informed of wait times and manages visit expectations.
- Maintains cleanliness of clinic areas, exam rooms and medical implements before and after patient use.
- Responsible to set up exam rooms and stock with up to date required supplies for patient care.
- Facilitates timely closing of clinic and follows closing procedures.
- Communicates patient concerns and needs to the healthcare provider timely.
- Completes assigned training and education as required and timely.
- Abides by all applicable Steward Policies and procedures including, but not limited to, safety matters, HIPAA-compliance and patient/computer confidentiality.
- Performs other duties as determined by the Practice Manager or Clinic Director.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience as a Physician Document Assistant preferred.
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology.
- Preferred candidate would be a medical student, nursing student, paramedic student, medical assistant, EMT or CAN.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality/HIPPA confidentiality required.
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country's largest physician-led, minority-owned, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 33 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Texas.
For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.