Location: Steward Medical Group - Central
Posted Date: 11/10/2021
The principle duty and function of a Medical Scribe is to enhance the efficiency of his/her supervising provider.
- Record a physician-directed or advanced practitioner directed patient history of present illness (HPI), past medical history (PMH), family and/or social history and physical examination (PE), including pertinent positives and negatives.
- Record procedures and the results of laboratory tests and radiographic images.
- Improve the efficiency of patient care by assisting the physician with routine matters.
- Serve as an ambassador/liaison between the physician, the patient and clinic staff.
- Will function at all times under a physician or advanced practitioners direct supervision.
- Will abide by all applicable Steward policies and procedures including, but not limited to, safety matters, HIPAA-compliance and patient/computer confidentiality.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology required
- Strong computer and typing skills required
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills with colleagues and patients required
- Strong attention to detail required
- Athena and Meditech experience preferred
- Successful completion of a Medical Assistant, EMT or CNA training program a plus but not required