Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where out patents live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operations 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lies through the company's managed care and health insurance services. The total number of paneled lives within Steward's integrated care network is projected to reach 3 million in 2018.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
The role of the Medical Scribe is to provide outstanding support to physicians and healthcare providers while providing exceptional care to patients and customers within the clinical scope of an Medical Scribe. Medical Scribes are active and valuable members of their healthcare teams, providing real-time charting for physicians by shadowing them throughout their shifts and performing a variety of helpful tasks. The Medical Scribe will be assigned a doctor or physician assistant to work alongside. The Medical Scribe is in the room during each evaluation, documenting directly from the patient and provider conversation. The Medical scribe ensures patients are welcomed in a warm and friendly manner and sees their needs and expectations are met. Medical Scribe’s are responsible for ensuring the smooth operations in the fast paced environment of the clinic with the goal of a positive patient experience with every encounter. Great hands on exposure for pre-med students.
- Assists provider with collection, documentation, processing, and verification of information related to patient care in an EMR system.
- Recording the patient’s history and chief complaints
- Transcribing physical exams
- Communicates patient concerns and needs to the healthcare provider
- Completes documentation of patient interactions
- Assists in routine clerical functions such as filing of medical information in patient's records, and charting.
- Preparing plans for follow-up care
- Completes assigned training and education
- Performs other duties as determined by the Practice Manager or Clinic Director
- Understanding of, or ability to learn necessary medical terminology
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively on the phone, in writing and via email
- Experience working with an EMR system
- Ability to exercise discretion on sensitive and confidential matters
- Demonstrated computer skills with data entry software
- Able to type 40 WPM
- High School diploma or GED equivalent is required