Medical Records Clerk
This position functions as a member of the administrative team by performing a variety of duties in a busy internal medicine office. This position is five days and 36 hours per week.
- Organizes and updates files, charts, and records.
- Answering telephones
- Interaction with facilities, attorney offices and specialist offices
- Assisting patients with records release requests
- Organizing incoming mail
- Always uses discretion to ensure patient confidentiality. Conforms to the Confidentiality Policy of the Faculty Practice Plan.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- High school diploma required.
- One to two years related experience, preferably in a health care setting.
- Medical terminology preferred.
- Word-processing and computer data entry experience preferred.
- Strong communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and telephone skills required.
- Experience with electronic medical records (EMR) preferred.
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.