Medical Office Specialist I
The role of the Medical Office Specialist is to provide exceptional service to patients and customers while providing outstanding support to physicians and healthcare providers. The Office Specialist ensures that patient needs and visit expectations are met. Office Specialists are responsible for ensuring the smooth operations in the fast-paced environment of the clinic with the goal of a positive patient experience with every encounter. You will be working at the Jordan Valley Center for Orthopedic and Rehap Excellence.
- Greets all patients and visitors to ensure a friendly, welcoming and professional clinic atmosphere
- Checks in patients in a timely manner, explains financial requirements and collects payments for office visits and clinic procedures
- Verifies patient insurance information and obtains insurance authorizations
- Answers telephones, within 3 rings in a friendly welcoming manner, schedules appointments, procedures and diagnostic tests
- Assists in routine clerical functions such as filing of medical information in patient's records, locating and preparing department charts, obtaining medical records from other providers and entering charges for billing purposes
- May assist with front and back office duties as assigned simultaneously
- Performs other duties as determined by the Practice Manager or Clinic Director
- Ability to exercise discretion on sensitive and confidential matters, always maintains HIPAA confidentiality
- Demonstrated computer skills with data entry software
- High School diploma or GED equivalent is required
- One year in a medical office preferred
Steward Medical Group offers a comprehensive benefits package, with multiple options to fit your needs.
- Health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
- No deductibles apply to services provided by a Steward provider
- Office visit copays are $0 when a member uses a Steward provider
- Mental health and substance abuse visits have a $0 copay for all in-network providers
- Flex spending
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-term disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- with company match
- Paid time off
- Weekends off
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.