Medical Office Specialist I
Cardiology clinic located in Lehi Utah, near Mountain Point Medical Center. The role of the Medical Office Specialist is to provide exceptional service to patients and customers while providing outstanding support to physicians and healthcare providers. The Office Specialist ensures that patient needs and visit expectations are met.
- Greets all patients and visitors to ensure a friendly, welcoming and professional clinic atmosphere
- Checks in patients in a timely manner, explains financial requirements and collects payments for office visits and clinic procedures
- Verifies patient insurance information and obtains insurance authorizations
- Answers telephones, within 3 rings in a friendly welcoming manner, schedules appointments, procedures and diagnostic tests
- Assists in routine clerical functions such as filing of medical information in patient's records, locating and preparing department charts, obtaining medical records from other providers and entering charges for billing purposes
- May assist with front and back office duties as assigned simultaneously
- Performs other duties as determined by the Practice Manager or Clinic Director
- Ability to exercise discretion on sensitive and confidential matters, always maintains HIPAA confidentiality
- Demonstrated computer skills with data entry software
- High School diploma or GED equivalent is required
- One year in a medical office preferred
Steward Medical Group offers a comprehensive benefits package, with multiple options to fit your needs.
- Health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
- No deductibles apply to services provided by a Steward provider
- Office visit copays are $0 when a member uses a Steward provider
- Mental health and substance abuse visits have a $0 copay for all in-network providers
- Flex spending
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-term disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- with company match
- Paid time off
- Weekends off
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.