Medical Office Specialist I
The role of the Medical Office Specialist is to provide exceptional customer service experience to patients and customers while providing outstanding support to physicians and healthcare providers. The Medial Office Specialist ensures that patient needs and visit expectations are met.
- Greets all patients and visitors to ensure a friendly, welcoming, and professional clinic atmosphere
- Verifies patient insurance information and obtains insurance authorizations
- Explain financial requirements and collect payments for office visits and clinic procedures
- Always maintains HIPAA confidentiality
- Assist patients with scheduling appointments, procedures and diagnostic tests
- Answer telephones, with a friendly voice, within 3 rings
- Ensure a positive patient flow and waiting room experience
- Facilitates timely closing of clinic and follows closing procedures
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively on the phone, in writing and via email
- Demonstrated computer skills
- type 40wpm
- Excel and Word
- High School diploma or GED equivalent is required
- Health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
- No deductibles apply to services provided by a Steward provider
- Office visit copays are $0 when a member uses a Steward provider
- Mental health and substance abuse visits have a $0 copay for all in-network providers
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid time off
- with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Short and Long-term disability
- Life Insurance
- Flex spending
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 58812