Medical Office Specialist I
The role of the Medical Office Specialist is to provide exceptional service to patients and customers while providing outstanding support to physicians and healthcare providers. The Office Specialist ensures that patient needs and visit expectations are met. Office Specialists are responsible for ensuring the smooth operations in the fast-paced environment of the clinic with the goal of a positive patient experience with every encounter. Clinic is located on the Jordan Valley Medical Center campus.
- Greets all patients and visitors to ensure a friendly, welcoming and professional clinic atmosphere
- Checks in patients in a timely manner, explains financial requirements and collects payments for office visits and clinic procedures
- Verifies patient insurance information and obtains insurance authorizations
- Coordinates with clinic staff to ensure a positive patient flow and waiting room experience
- Timely responses to patient inquiries and timely completion of assigned tasks
- Answers telephones, forwards telephone messages and under the direction of licensed staff schedules appointments, procedures and diagnostic tests
- Assists in routine clerical functions such as filing of medical information in patient's records, locating and preparing department charts, obtaining medical records from other providers and entering charges for billing purposes
- May assist with front and back office duties as assigned simultaneously
- Facilitates timely closing of clinic and follows closing procedures
- Completes assigned training and education
- Performs other duties as determined by the Practice Manager or Clinic Director
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively on the phone, in writing and via email
- Ability to exercise discretion on sensitive and confidential matters
- Demonstrated computer skills with data entry software
- Must be able to flex schedule in accordance with patient and provider schedules
- High School diploma or GED equivalent is required
- Institutional accreditation and degree obtainment will be verified upon hire
Standing, sitting, walking, speaking, listening, bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping and manipulating tools, typing, using peripheral tools
Steward Medical Group offers a comprehensive benefits package, with multiple options to fit your needs.
- Health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
- No deductibles apply to services provided by a Steward provider
- Office visit copays are $0 when a member uses a Steward provider
- Mental health and substance abuse visits have a $0 copay for all in-network providers
- Flex spending
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-term disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- with company match
- Paid time off
- Tuition Reimbursement
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.