Medical Lab Technician
Descripción del trabajo
Are you looking for an exciting, professional career with an organization that treats each individual with dignity and respect? We take pride in our work knowing that we each make a difference in the lives of our patients every day!
Steward Medical Group at Hawthorn Medical Associates is looking for a focused, dedicated Medical Laboratory Technician to perform routine and complex laboratory testing as ordered by providers. The successful candidate will:
- Perform testing in complex laboratory environment including complex chemistry, hematology, coagulation, urinalysis and immuno-chemistry testing as well as some microbiology testing.
- Ensure the laboratory and phlebotomy functions at the facility are in compliance with regulatory laws, permits, licenses, certificates of inspection / occupancy, and not limited to:
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts, Department of Public Health
- Complies with Quality Assurance and Quality Control programs for laboratory. Ensure compliance with established protocols and procedures. Ensure testing completed in accurate, safe manner and within established turn-around-times.
- Ensures all testing equipment is operating accurately and within established ranges. Perform proper and accurate equipment maintenance. Troubleshoots problems as necessary.
- Maintain knowledge of appropriate terms, methods and technologies.
- Creates and maintain a favorable working relationship with co-workers to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate conducive to maximize employee morale, productivity, and efficiency / effectiveness.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
Associates Degree in clinical laboratory science or Bachelor’s degree in chemical, physical, biological science or medical technology from an accredited institution
One or more years work experience in a clinical/medical office or hospital laboratory
Demonstrated computer, organizational, problem-solving and interpersonal skills
Flexibility to report for evening, weekend and/or holiday work assignments
Competitive compensation and benefits programs, educational reimbursement and more!
Convenient South coast location, convenient to I-195, free parking
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to walk; stand; reach with hands and arms; lift, climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. May be exposed to various patient conditions including infectious diseases, blood, and bodily fluids.
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Hawthorn Medical Associates, an affiliate of Steward Health Care, was established in 1970 and is the largest multi-specialty group practice in the Greater New Bedford area. We have many of the area’s finest physicians who practice in our state-of-the-art facilities in a campus-like setting. They are supported by a skilled professional and support staff and together provide high quality, comprehensive medical care to more than 138,000 patients each year.