Medical Lab Tech
Steward Medical Group at Hawthorn Medical Associates is looking for a Per Diem Medical Laboratory Technician to perform routine and complex laboratory testing as ordered by providers. The successful candidate will:
- Perform testing in complex laboratory environment including complex chemistry, hematology, coagulation, urinalysis and immuno-chemistry testing as well as some microbiology testing.
- Ensure the laboratory and phlebotomy functions at the facility are in compliance with regulatory laws, permits, licenses, certificates of inspection / occupancy, and not limited to:
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts, Department of Public Health
- Comply with Quality Assurance and Quality Control programs for laboratory. Ensure compliance with established protocols and procedures. Ensure testing completed in accurate, safe manner and within established turn-around-times.
- Ensure all testing equipment is operating accurately and within established ranges. Perform proper and accurate equipment maintenance. Troubleshoots problems as necessary.
- Maintain knowledge of appropriate terms, methods and technologies.
- Creates and maintain a favorable working relationship with co-workers to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate conducive to maximize employee morale, productivity, and efficiency / effectiveness.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Associates Degree in clinical laboratory science or Bachelor’s degree in chemical, physical, biological science or medical technology from an accredited institution
- One or more years work experience in a clinical/medical office or hospital laboratory
- Demonstrated computer, organizational, problem-solving and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility to report for evening, weekend and/or holiday work assignments
Competitive compensation and benefits programs, educational reimbursement and more!
Convenient South coast location, convenient to I-195, free parking
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to walk; stand; reach with hands and arms; lift, climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. May be exposed to various patient conditions including infectious diseases, blood, and bodily fluids.
Hawthorn Medical Associates, an affiliate of Steward Health Care, was established in 1970 and is the largest multi-specialty group practice in the Greater New Bedford area. We have many of the area’s finest physicians who practice in our state-of-the-art facilities in a campus-like setting. They are supported by a skilled professional and support staff and together provide high quality, comprehensive medical care to more than 138,000 patients each year.
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country’s largest physician-led, tax paying, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: On Call
Job Reference #: 130369