Medical Assistant's provide outstanding support to physicians and healthcare providers, to ensure world-class care for our patients. Will be working at Salt Lake Cardiology, located on the Salt Lake Regional Medical Center campus.
- Place patients in exam rooms after registration, ensuring that chart reflects current complaint/condition, medical history and any test results appropriate to follow-up visits. Take appropriate vital signs and document in chart.
- Performs and/or assists physician with tests/procedures available in the office per their orders and in accordance with established safety and infection control procedures.
- Coordinate patient’s office visit, discharge and if needed assists in arranging for diagnostic tests or referral exams.
- Ensures that blood or tissue samples are sent to appropriate referral laboratory.
- Cleans, sterilizes, and packages surgical instruments/packs in the office setting.
- Keeps patient areas and exam rooms clean and prepared on a daily basis.
- Maintains HIPAA confidentiality at all times.
Steward Medical Group will help you repay Medical Assistant student loans. After 90 days of employment MA’s working with SMG are eligible for up to $250 per month ($3000 per year) to make your loan payment. With proof of payments made, MA’s remain eligible for the program until their loans are paid off.
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Option for $0 copay and $0 deductible
- Company match after 1 year of service
- Company paid life
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off, paid holidays
- No weekends
- Graduate of Medical Assistant training program
- COVID-19 vaccination or valid exemption
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
About Steward Health Care System:
Steward Health Care’s physician-led model was created to provide patient’s access to the highest-quality care at a sustainable cost, providing personalized, and coordinated ongoing medical services that positively impact patients’ physical, emotional, and mental well-being.