The Cardiovascular Clinic Medical Assistant summary of duties included but are not limited to: scheduling tests and surgeries, scheduling appointments, getting PA’s and authorizations; coordinating processing and care provided to patients examined by the Provider in the office, assisting in maintaining and documenting of patient chart with current information on patient’s condition, care provided, and follow-up prescribed by the physician/provider, participating in performing or arranging for any lab or other diagnostic/clinical tests or treatments provided during examination, or needed, and assists or as directed, schedules and coordinates hospital admissions or procedures, specialty and procedural referrals, and in-office procedure activities.
- Graduate of Medical Assistant training program
- High School diploma or equivalent
- CPR/FA Certification
- One-year experience in a medical office or healthcare setting
- Place patients in exam rooms after registration, ensuring that chart reflects current complaint/condition, medical history, and any test results appropriate to follow-up visits. Take appropriate vital signs and document in chart.
- Set-up room and/or equipment and assists with or performs as directed any special procedure, etc., including EKG procedures/tests.
- Coordinate patient’s office visit discharge and if needed assists in arranging for diagnostic tests or referral exams.
- Performs and/or assists physician with tests/procedures available in the office per their orders and in accordance with established safety and infection control procedures.
- Obtains authorizations to perform tests, procedures or referrals to outside providers.
- Cleans, sterilizes and packages surgical instruments/packs in the office setting.
- Prepares all charts for next day’s appointments by reviewing physician notes to determine what must be available for the visit. To include retrieving x-rays, lab results, etc.
- Maintains and rotates appropriate supplies/medications to be stocked in exam rooms. Appropriately discards any out of date medications.
- All other duties as assigned.
Standing, sitting, walking, speaking, listening, bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping and manipulating tools, typing, using peripheral computer tools
- All positions subject to close without notice
- Must be willing to float to other locations
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.