Steward Health Care is the largest private, tax-paying physician-led health care network in the United States. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward operates 35 hospitals in the United States and the country of Malta that regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The company employs approximately 42,000 health care professionals. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, over 7,900 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters per year. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
The Medical Assistant (MA) provides outstanding support to physicians and healthcare providers while providing exceptional care to patients and customers within the clinical scope of an MA. The Medical Assistant ensures that patients are welcomed in a warm and friendly manner and sees that their needs and expectations are met. Medical Assistants are responsible for ensuring the smooth operations in the fast paced environment of the clinic with the goal of a positive patient experience with every encounter.
- Coordinates with clinic staff to ensure a positive patient flow and waiting room experience
- Assists with front and back office duties
- Prepares patients to be seen by physicians
- Collects vital signs and testing as required by the healthcare provider
- Assists provider with collection, documentation, processing, and verification of information related to patient care in an EMR system.
- Keeps patients informed of wait times and manages visit expectations
- Performs diagnostic tests and processes and enters results
- Communicates patient concerns and needs to the healthcare provider
- Timely responses to patient inquiries and timely completion of assigned tasks
- Completes documentation of patient interactions
- Maintains cleanliness of clinic areas, exam rooms and medical implements before and after patient use
- Responsible to set up exam rooms and stock with up to date required supplies for patient care
- Answers telephones, forwards telephone messages and under the direction of licensed staff schedules appointments, procedures and diagnostic tests
- Assists in routine clerical functions such as filing of medical information in patient's records, locating and compiling department charts, obtaining medical records from other providers and entering charges for billing purposes
- High school Graduate / GED
- Graduate of a medical assistant program
- One year previous of demonstrated customer service experience
- One year previous Physician Office experience preferred.
- Current CPR
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) license highly preferred
- Must have working knowledge of medical terminology.
Standing, sitting, walking, speaking, listening, bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping and manipulating tools, typing, using peripheral tools
All positions subject to close without notice
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled